Our aim is to increase global carbon reduction capacity by building new climate action projects and we are currently seeking a results-oriented professional to join our team.
NativeEnergy is a leading provider of high-quality GHG emission reduction and renewable energy investments for leaders in corporate sustainability. Through our innovative HelpBuildTM project model, NativeEnergy has enabled leading companies to invest in creating over 70 new and brand-relevant climate projects that provide meaningful social and ecosystem benefits to communities around the world. We are currently launching three first-of-their-kind soil carbon sequestration projects in the U.S., Argentina and Kenya, reaching millions of acres. We created a renewable energy credit mechanism that channels corporate REC purchases into building new, community-scale renewable generation. And we are on track to launch sugar and cotton supply chain climate action projects in the coming months. All in concert with a core, and growing, group of leading brands.
With this success, NativeEnergy wants to invest in more HelpBuild projects. Our business model focuses on custom projects for leading brands. We uniquely construct project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value for companies, and deliver tangible benefits to their stakeholder communities – from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our investment model enables companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice, by investing in new climate action and ecosystem service projects in their supply sheds.
The Client Strategy Manager will join NativeEnergy’s team and be responsible to support companies in achieving their climate goals, and provide research to advance new, custom projects with companies we have yet to partner with. This is a mid-level position that will directly support companies to take climate action, while also gaining insight into NativeEnergy’s impact investment approach. We are seeking a results-driven, knowledgeable leader with a proven ability to set and achieve goals.
- Take a consultative approach to understand companies’ goals, needs and expectations, and identify opportunities for taking climate action that helps advance those goals
- Independently lead relationships with NativeEnergy’s small business customers; Identify solutions, construct unique climate action plans and provide ongoing insights from the field that can advance those companies’ business interests and sustainability goals
- Support both the Client Strategy and the Project Development teams by conducting research into commodities, supply regions, existing and emerging GHG mitigation solutions, as well as sectors and sustainability initiatives that influence those sectors, in order to support NativeEnergy’s aim to build more new climate action projects globally
- Gather company emissions data, calculate annual GHG emissions by source, and map supply chains to inform solutions and action plans
- Prepare and implement outreach to companies that NativeEnergy does not yet partner with, including written materials, webinars, and other channels
- Keep abreast of the connections across business goals, climate goals, sustainable sourcing, biodiversity protection, livelihoods and wellbeing, soil health, social justice, and other community or ecosystem goals
- Contribute expertise, experience and insights to the ongoing development of NativeEnergy’s business strategy and growth plan
- Experience working with corporate leaders or non-governmental organizations on climate, biodiversity, sourcing or other relevant sustainability more broadly
- Proven ability to motivate others to take action on new ideas
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating complex ideas, as well as presentation and network-building skills
- Experience researching broad topics, synthesizing results and making recommendations
- Proven ability to multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines
- Results-driven team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in a wide range of climate solutions and carbon mitigation technologies
- Desire to set ambitious professional goals and experience using software to track progress and measure results
Please submit resume and cover letter on or before October 30th to [email protected] All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence. NativeEnergy is an equal opportunity employer.